Summit Theatre Group is currently seeking original scripts. The organization will select one winner’s script to submit for a virtual performance at the 2021 KC Fringe Fest.
Scripts are due March 1 and details for submission can be found below.
- Submissions can be a newly written script or something previously written, not yet performed.
- Performance should be 20-60 minutes in length. Scripts can be a collection of scenes or a short play.
- STG is looking for a script that has not had an opportunity to be on a typical community theatre stage.
- Cast size should be small.
- Technical needs should be very minimal. The show should hold its own without an intricate set or costumes. Ideally, the focus would be on the message of the story rather than the visual aspects.
- Playwrights may choose whether they would like to direct the production, consult with a director of their choice, or have STG assist in selecting a director.
- STG will hold open auditions for casting.
- Weekend availability for rehearsals.
- STG will provide all video/recording needs for final submission to KC Fringe.
- All involved with the production will work on a volunteer basis. A small technical budget will be available. This will be discussed with the playwright/director upon selection.